While some more extreme facial flaws require surgery to correct, the most effective facial fillers can produce dramatic improvements without the need for surgery. Aging skin loses its firm, taut quality as the body stops producing the quantity of collagen and elastin it produced in our younger years. As the skin and tissue thins, wrinkles, creases, and grooves begin to appear. Dr. Paul Nassif, as a leading authority on cosmetic surgery, revision surgery, and a range of non-surgical treatments, offers his patients the option of using fillers to plump the skin and lips and create a natural looking, more youthful appearance.
Will a Filler Work for Me?
If you look in the mirror and see wrinkles, lines, and creases, you may be a good candidate for treatment with fillers. These fillers function in different ways, and each is used to treat a specific condition. Every filler used in our Beverly Hills clinic is specifically chosen as the most appropriate for the patient’s unique condition and the area of the face being treated. When used correctly or in combination with our other non-surgical treatments, fillers can take years off your appearance.
Types of Facial Fillers
Every area of the face is unique in its type of skin, underlying tissue and muscle structure, and mobility. Fillers work to smooth out the treated area correctly.
- Juvederm: One of the leading names in dermal fillers, the Juvederm family of products are made from synthetic hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance. Perfect for fine lines and adding facial volume, Juvederm Ultra was developed specifically to treat areas with thinner skin effectively, and Juvederm Ultra XC is often the perfect filler to add lip volume. Hyaluronic acid absorbs water, causing a plumping effect.
- Radiesse: Radiesse works by stimulating the area to produce more natural collagen. Made up of gel-based microspheres that add volume and structure, the product is appropriate as a treatment for moderate to severe facial lines and wrinkles.
- Perlane: Used to plump lips, add volume, and improve the appearance of deeper folds as well as fine lines, Perlane is made up of hyaluronic acid. Once injected into the target area, it builds up and adds volume, helping to create a smoother, more youthful look.
- Restylane: This family of filler products was developed with much smaller particles than many other fillers, and is appropriate for lip enhancement. Made up of hyaluronic acid, it is injected into the treatment area for a pleasing, plumper look and a lusher, fuller appearance, as well as better lip definition.
- Sculptra: This filler functions differently than the others by encouraging natural collagen production in the area in which it is injected. The results appear over time, rather than immediately, and typically require more than one treatment, about a month apart. The total treatment with Sculptra typically occurs over three appointments, and the results for treating lost facial volume, lines, and wrinkles last far longer, up to several years.