A lip lift is a surgical procedure that is designed to shorten the distance between the nose and the upper lip. Over time, the natural aging process causes this distance to become longer, resulting in a curved upper lip. This results in the upper lip appearing thinner, making the patient look older than they actually are.
What Are the Benefits of a Lip Lift?
A lip lift can greatly improve the appearance of the mouth, improving the overall aesthetics of the lower face region. It also brings more definition to the lips, often characterized as a ‘cupid’s bow’ shape. Lifting the upper lip is a great way to both rejuvenate the lips and reveal more of the teeth. As such, it has both revitalization benefits and overall cosmetic benefits.
Some benefits associated with a lip lift include:
- Fuller lips
- A lifting of the mouth corners
- An improvement in the shape and length of lips
- A more defined lip outline
- An improved smile and more visible teeth
- Reduced wrinkles and lines on the upper lip
- Results are permanent
- A major boost in self-esteem